Britmilk milk replacers are the result of many years expertise and experience coupled with the constant aim of producing the finest milk products to feed to young calves and lambs.
Rearing calves successfully is probably the most difficult enterprise on any dairy farm or specialist calf rearing unit.
All our milk replacers contain Bio-Start a natural product produced from cultures of yoghurt and colostrum. This helps in the battle against many of the common infections which can impact on calves. The probiotic present will help maintain a healthy balance of beneficial bacteria in the intestine. The unique double action will help to ensure faster economic growth, resulting in more from your calves.
The homoginization and vacuum co-drying process used in the manufacture of all Britmilk milk powders results in milk powders which are perfectly formed to enable the calf to absorb the nutrients in the best most efficient form.
Skim powders are recommended when accelerated growth, enhanced vitality and health are a priority.
As a calf digests skim portion of the milk powder it produces elevated levels of specific proteins which have been shown to increase the calf’s natural immunity. The slow efficient digestion of the skim portion of the powder ensures that the calf is always content and satisfied .
Oil 20 % Protein 24 %
High levels of Skim milk powder, vitamins and minerals. Britmilk Calf Supreme contains high levels of quality skim milk powder with all of the protein in Calf Supreme is derived from milk protein.Calf Supreme is perfect for all feeding regimes.
Calf Prime provides top quality ingredients including skim milk powder together with Bio-Start and other unique ingredients found through out the range. Ideal for once and twice a day bucket systems. It’s specially chosen oils and fats plus mineral/vitamin supplement makes it an ideal choice for young calves. A Free Flowing version is available.
Oil 18 % Protein 22 % ..
Calf Gold ideal for once and twice a day bucket systems and Calf Gold Machine is suitable for all Machines. Its specially chosen oils and fats plus mineral/vitamin supplement makes it the number one choice for young calves. Calf Gold also contains Bio-Start the unique probiotic and specific protein supplement. Available in a Free Flow version for some machines.
Oil 20% Protein 26%
Calf Delight is easily mixed and can be fed via buckets or machines that do not require a free flowing milk powder. Ideal for rearing heifers when accelerated growth is required. With a high level of protein to increase the development of the animals frame. Calf Delight contains Bio-Start.Can be fed via bucket or most calf feeders.
Oil 20% Protein26%
Heifer Plus is a premium product for the modern dairy herd. Heifer Plus contains 78% milk solids with a high level of milk protein. Formulated to stimulate frame development to increase overall size. Rumen development is also stimulated by increasing dry feed intakes this will increase the heifers productivity once she enters the milking herd. Heifer plus contains BIO-START and NATURE BOOST to improve health and vitality of the heifer calf.
Oil 20 % Protein 22 % High levels of vitamins and minerals.
Britmilk triple Plus contains 78% milk solids with most of the protein derived from milk protein. Triple Plus has a unique blends of acids and preservatives plus Bio-Start enhances the health and performance of the calf. It contains a free flow agent making it suitable for machines, cold milk and all bucket feeding systems. Triple Plus has the added benefit of containing Egg Protein which increase the calf's ability to fight disease.
Oil 20 % Protein 23 % High levels of vitamins and minerals.
Britmilk Tip Top is a high fat, high protein calf milk replacer for bucket feeding. It contains a unique blend of acids and Bio-Start for improved health and performance of the young calf. Also available in a free flow version required for some machines.
Oil 19% Protein 23% Comprehensive levels of trace elements and vitamins.
A highly popular calf milk, Calf Content is a high fat high protein calf milk for bucket, teat and machines. Calf Content also contains Bio-Start as above. Calf Content has the added benefit of containing Egg Protein which increase the calf's ability to fight disease.Calf content can be used in most computerised calf feeders.
Oil 20 % Protein 22% High levels of vitamins and minerals.
Britmilk Creamway is a high fat, high protein calf milk replacer for bucket feeding. It contains a unique blend of acids and Bio-Start for health and performance of the young calf. It can also be used in a most computerised calf feeding machines.
Oil 20 % Protein 20% High levels of vitamins and minerals.
Double Life is a high quality calf milk replacer with high fat and high protein content. It contains a unique blend of acids and Bio-Start for health and performance of the young calf. It can also be used in most automatic and computerised calf feeding machines.
Nature boost in a natural addition to enhance the health and vitality of the calf. With high levels of pre and pro-biotics, binders and essential oils.
Oil 19 % Protein 22.5% High levels of vitamins and minerals.
Super XL is a high fat, high protein calf milk replacer for bucket feeding. It contains a unique blend of acids and Bio-Start for health and performance of the young calf. It can also be used in most automatic and computerised calf feeding machines. Also available as a free flowing powder as required for some machines.
1) Proper feeding of the dry cow which may involve vaccination for Rotavirus, Corona virus. B.V.D, Salmonella and E-coli strains plus feeding a quality Dry Cow mineral such as the BRITMIN DRY COW with SELPLEX
2) Taking early swabs of scouring calves will help to identify the problem organisms. Blood tests can also identify if calves have had sufficient colostrum. This should be discussed with your vet for the appropriate actions.
3) Clean calving boxes plus the use of COSISAN POWDERED DISINFECTANT will help to prevent infection both via navels and orally through contamination of the teats.
4) Ensure adequate colostrum in the first HOUR (upto 4 LITRES good quality tested colostrum) If good colostrum is not available the use of BRITMILK CALF COLOSTRUM is recommended.To improve colostrum management please refer to our section on coloQuick colostrum system.
5) Keeping calves’ dry and well bedded and draft free at all times.
6) Control of lice from an early age (10 days onwards). Ringworm is often a sign that lice are present.
7) Coccidiosis in calves is a growing problem (brown/reddish scour /loose dung). Dung sample will confirm presence of the coccidiosis and appropriate treatment followed.
8) Clean water/ straw/quality mixture/ pellets should be available at all times from 4 day old.
9) Only start to wean when calves are eating a minimum 1.5kg per head/day for three consecutive days, remember weaning is a process not an event.